Sunday, October 23, 2011

A, I & B: The next generation


   The 3 girls... with their 3 girls :)
If anyone knew me growing up, then you definitely knew my 2 best friends, also. You never really heard our names separately. It was like we had one name: HeatherHollieRaquel! Even though life and family and jobs and circumstances have separated us from time to time, we still find ways back to each other somehow. About a year and a half ago, we had 3, totally unexpected surprises. First it was Roc (Raquel) who found out she was expecting a girl (Addy) in November 2010, then it was Hollie finding out that she was expecting a girl (Ivy) in December 2010, and then Heather completed the trio, by finding out she was expecting a girl (Bostyn) in January 2011.
So this last weekend, it was less about HH&R anymore, and more about AI&B (Addy, Ivy, and Bostyn). On Saturday, we got together before holidays swarmed our schedules, and celebrated the 3 girls' 1st birthdays. Lots of fun was had by all. Who knows how life will end up, but it would sure be special if these 3 girls could experience even half the relationship that us 3 girls shared growing up.
"Don't be afraid Ivy, that's just my mom. She's  alright."
             Ivy                Bostyn               Addy
Eating cake for the first time ever...
Addy (pictured above: the oldest of the 3) decided to show the girls how it's done. She literally took the WHOLE piece of cake at once, and stuffed as much in her mouth as she could. LOL. 


Ivy (born about a month after Addy), was the one to eat just as much cake, but in a much more "proper" fashion. It was pretty impressive. Bostyn (born a few weeks after Ivy) was very hesitant, as she poked a finger at the cake every once in awhile. By the time January rolls around, Im sure she will be ready to dive in... 
"And that's how its done girls... Now give me another!"
Sad to say, but it's probably only a matter of time, that Ivy and Bostyn will have a crush on this one. (Addy's big brother, Ben "Jammin") 
                                             Bostyn        Ivy                Addy

The girls end their birthday celebration, playing in Addy's Jumpoline. So fun!!!
"Mom, you know I have to have one of these now, right?
...I'm just sayin'...!"

Happy 1st Birthday Girls! 

5 comments:

  1. Look at how CUTE they all are!! So fun to have friends with little girls all so close in age! I recognize Bostyn's outfit as one of Raina's...they get big so fast... :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love it! I'm so sad I wasn't there to see them all together. So precious. And WOW Heath, I'm impressed you actually let her eat some cake. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls for the response. Yes, it was a lot of fun to get them together. And yes Jodi, I was impressed too. Its only because Roc said it was okay and she had a little talk with me. And that lead to me feeding eggs to Bostyn for the first time today :)

    I still did not let her have ice cream though, at her party, even though Roc asked if she could. I can only allow so much. Geez :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh...and Jodi.... I meant to call you and tell you that Bostyn reminded me so much of Tanner on his first birthday. When he was given the cake, and he got the "yucky" face on him when his fingers were covered in frosting. It is pretty much how Bostyn acted. Like it was just sick & wrong. I sure dont think its because of me, but it was spitting image of Tan Man. LOL OH WELL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey where was my invite!? Do I need to have a baby to stay in the group? :) I can't believe it's been a year! Happy Birthday girls!!!

    ReplyDelete