Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Heather




What a great night to start our first family blog. After my husband being gone for 3 days with his family on vacation, he drove home, just to have a fun birthday night planned for me. During our relationship, Matt has made me burnt hamburgers on the grill once, and also has made me some killer mac n cheese meals. He even has perfected cheese on a tortilla. Even though these are all very nice things, which I have always appreciated, Matt has never made me a REAL meal, and I say that very kindly :). But today, that has changed. I came home from work, already very excited to see him, but I was even more excited when I came up the stairs to wonderful smell, a set table, with even a typed menu sitting on the table, and my husband standing in an apron with oven mits in hand.
The birthday menu includes Beef brisket, garlic mashed potatoes, asparagus, and french bread. With a little tutoring and teaching from Cari, while he was at the cabin, he put together a beautiful meal for me. ON the TV, he had my favorite show "Army Wives" playing, with a few more downloaded episodes from Itunes to watch together tonight. Cari, Phil and the kids sent an awesome sweatshirt from Huddles Resort for my birthday. After dinner, Matt gave me my present, which was white gold hoop earrings (Way to go Matty). And if thats not enough, he also sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers and a balloon to work today. And for once it was not carnations :) My baby is learning :) I have to say that my husband beyond surprised me, and I have yet another reason, to say I am one of the luckiest girls in the world.



















2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great Birthday! I love that you have a blog! I'm a total blog stalker :) I wish we lived closer! I think of you often and miss our library days (not the homework but all the rest) :) Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, I suck as a friend, I totally missed your birthday- SORRY!!!

    ReplyDelete